Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Terrific Tuesday?

Okay, so except for bowling, Monday really sucked. You know those days where things start going wrong right away..like waking up 30 minutes late...and they just keep going wrong till the end of the day? Yep, that was my day. I wouldn't have minded it so much on a Thurs or even Wed. but Monday..come on! The most annoying problem of yesterday was my pharmacy dilemma. I am on Synthroid and down to the wire on pills. All my prescriptions are mail order because of insurance and I come home yesterday to an email that they have encountered a problem, will not fill my prescription and will send me a letter in a week. What the hell is the problem now? This is the second "issue" with them in the last two weeks so today, it's phone call time. I would just go the the pharmacy down the street and pay regular price for the meds but, of course, the mail order place has the original prescription. So, first I'm going to have a chat w/them and then I guess I'll be calling the doc if I don't get my way. Medical issues are so irritating down here.

That's enough of my frustration on that subject..moving on. So, it's going to be a good workout day since today is the last day of Sept and I need to squeeze in at least one good workout this month. I'm thinking a really hard-core swim, sit ups and an evening run should do it. That sounds like a great way to end this month. My frustrations could use a good swim, too.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Bummer, I've been there. Synthroid is cheap is though if you need to pay out of pocket. I remember how I felt without it, it wasn't pretty. Call your doctors office, explain and ask to have them call in a couple of weeks worth to a local CVS or something. It should not cost you more than ten bucks.

MN Mom said...

I agree synthroid is cheep less than my $20 co-pay so you could just buy it if you call the Doc to call in some. I hate those mail-aways, they always screw up my stuff too...and Shannon's...It is evil that insurance makes us go through them!
Sorry Monday and bowling was a let down today is another day...

N.D. said...

It's like how the cops have to meet their quota, you need to get your september super workout in. Good luck!

Jess said...

Thankfully, I haven't had any kind of prescription in a few years, but I recall what a pain in the ass it was doing the ordering. Stupid insurance.

sunshine said...

That's why I pray to the pill gods that I'll never have to do mail order prescription! Hope it works out... SOON!

Erin said...

Your doctor should give you some samples to get you threw the crunch. If not, ask for a small dosage so it isn't so extreme out of pocket. Insurance is a pain in the butt.

Sagan said...

So frustrating! But glad that you're back on it with your awesome attitude.