Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What Do You Think-Part II

As for Part 1, I did do some hoopin with the chips and salsa but only a handful cuz every time I tried to go back for more chips my hoop would hit the table and distract me. Good times. Yes, I do amuse myself very easily.

Now, on to Part 2. I hate working out with weights. Hate, hate, triple hate. It bores me to tears and I feel like I never get anywhere. That and I never seem to know what I should be doing beyond the weight machines. I guess since there is no time or distance limit, I become uninspired. Oh, and all the meat heads who are constantly flocking the area...awkward.

So, any suggestions here? Websites? Videos? Give up and remain fabulous and flabby? (I kinda like the last one but only cuz I'm feeling lazy right now).

***In other news, a congratulatory shout out to my friends Shannon and John on the birth of their beautiful baby girl, Rylee. Can't wait to meet her!

Alright, I'm off to straighten the house and squeeze in a workout. Happy hump day!

6 comments:

Jess said...

I don't necessarily dislike weight lifting; I just never do it. Well, with the exception of those 12 oz curls :)

JavaChick said...

I like videos for weight lifting because then I have a definite routine to follow, I'm not wondering which exercises to do, and I can't skip exercises. Also, I always know how long the workout is going to take.

My top 3:

Kathy Smith Personal Trainer DVD
if you can find this DVD it's a good one because it has 3 different workouts - weights, cardio & yoga. The strength training workout is challenging and it's one that you can progress with. This is the first strength training DVD I ever purchased and I still use it. This one is around an hour long.

Crunch Cardio Sculpt
This one combines weights with some cardio. It's a short workout (around a half hour) and I like it because I feel like I can squeeze in a workout if I'm pressed for time.

Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates
I love Ellen Barrett as an instructor, the DVD uses light weights and Pilates-inspired moves. Again, this gives you a bit of cardio in the mix. About 40 (maybe 45?) minutes.

I do have other DVDs that are good as well, but these 3 are my go to workouts.

P.O.M. said...

Sometimes weights can be fun - but definately not the machines. I'm more of a free weight girl. Have you ever checked out MizFit's blog? She is weight queen!!!

Sagan said...

What about strength training using your body weight rather than free weights? Do you enjoy that? Because you could always stick with that for now and see if over time you start to enjoy lifting weights too...

Lesley said...

I too found weight very dull and didn't seem to see any progress. Now the only weights I do are with a personal trainer. Although a bit pricey, well worth it - he tells you exactly what to do, watches your form, mixes up the exercises so you don't get bored, does all the adjusting of the machine or selects which free weights to use. Takes the thinking out of it and just leaves me to do the sweating!!

Otherwise I would try and do pilates type exercises using a ball, band or light hand weights.

Hope you find your ideal routine.

Lesley x

MN Mom said...

Hey,salsa is healthy! And if you pair it with Sun Chips it's almost a sin not to eat it. That's what I think and I'm sticking to it...