Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cleaning Machine

Except for the lovely bathrooms, I do believe my mad-woman cleaning spree has come to an end today. I've been running around with mop, broom, dust rag and cleaning products getting the house ready for the arrival of my mom and sister tomorrow night (yay!) and now I'm finally ready to unwind a bit. Aaahhh...

I'm pretty excited to see them both. I haven't seen my mom since February and it's been since September 2007 since I saw my sister. It should be a great visit albeit a quick one since they leave Sunday morning but I will take whatever I can get.

In other news, my war with the Synthroid continues. I am going to get it all figured out before the end of the day tomorrow. I don't mind paying for it out-of-pocket at the pharmacy..just got to get the ole doc to give me another prescription. I've only been with this doc for about six months so we are still having trust issues with one another. What-freaking-eva!

Alright, time for me to get ready for bed since I really want to get up early for a morning run and I usually need to be in bed no later than 11pm to get up by 5am. Geez, I remember when I could sleep 2-3 hours a night and go all day without even yawning. What happened to my youth? Oh yeah, I partied it away.

8 comments:

MN Mom said...

I bet your house is white glove clean! I have a theory that the reason we get company or throw a party is just so we can muster up the energy to really give our houses a deep cleaning. (I only wished it lasted for longer than a couple days...)

Erin said...

Do you have anything crazy planned for their visit or just going to hang out? Enjoy the time, it will go by fast.

Thinking Thin said...

Want to come clean mine now? :)

JavaChick said...

You're still doing well - I have to be in bed by 11 pm so I can drag myself out of bed by 7 am (or shortly thereafter...).

Sagan said...

Hurray for partying:)

That'll be so exciting to see them again! I kind of like cleaning when company is coming. My sister and I specifically had a housewarming/bday party so that we would get our act together and clean our apartment hehe.

sunshine said...

I totally go into "crazy woman cleaning machine" mode when my mom is coming over, too. I swore I'd never turn into "that girl" :)

Have a great weekend with the girls!

Jess said...

Have fun with your mom and sister this weekend!

Shannon said...

I hate mail order prescriptions. They wouldn't fill my advair at Publix so I had to do the mail order. Two weeks later and it's finally here. I feel your pain! (And synthroid is one you can't go without!).