Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good News

I am going to be an Auntie! Yay! My sister and her husband are expecting their first child in May. This will be the first baby for our family and everyone is real excited. I found out when my mom and sis were here for a visit in the beginning of October but had to keep things hush hush until my sis had a chance to tell everyone.
It's still too early to tell whether it will be a boy or girl but once I do, the gifts will be bought like crazy!

My mom seems to be recovering pretty well from her surgery. She is walking under her own steam now-no cane anymore-and is able to do a lot of little things on her own. Still a good deal of pain and she can't bend at all but she is in great spirits and she should be back to her old self in no time.

As for me, yesterday was a busy day of cleaning and reorganizing. I tackled the kitchen, cleaned the floors, cleaned the deck area and put away the floaty toys for the "winter", and tore apart the linen and spare room closets to clean and reorganize them. Today, I just have to do laundry and clean the bathrooms and then I will be satisfied. It's funny-sometimes the weekends I spend busy at home are just has fun as those with activities planned. I think it's the clean freak in me. I love the feeling of a clean and organized house. Even if it only lasts for a day or so.

9 comments:

Chellie has Issues said...

It sounds like you're getting a good workout just cleaning your house. TO my husbands dismay, I do NOT have the clean bug. I'd rather do anything else than clean. IT's funny though, I love my classroom to be organized and tidy, but with 3 kids whatever I do just gets undone in seconds so why obsess? Glad your mom is doing better and congrats on being an aunt!

Ashley said...

Congrats!! There are so many ridiculously adorable baby things on shelves now, it makes me wish I knew someone expecting! And so glad your mom is feeling better, too.

Hey, when you finish cleaning your house, wanna come over and clean mine?

Erin said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. You will spoil your new little neice/nephew and be a wonderful aunt! Glad to hear your mom is healing so fast. I bet she is excited to be a grandma.

I also have a good time accomplishing cleaning tasks (last weekend I bleached the grout in the bathroom). Yeah...we are dorks!

Jess said...

Congrats to your sister, and glad to hear your mom is on the mend!

Heather said...

congrats, that is so exciting!! glad to hear you moms recovery is going well.

N.D. said...

Congrats AUNTIE! this will be a good thing for the fam!

MN Mom said...

A place for everything and everything in it's place. When my house is like that I feel so good. But I agree it doesn't last. Even when I swear I won't put anything in the wrong place...soon it just happens.

Melissa Lars Sofia and Espen said...

Holy Crap! WOW! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for all of you - just seems so weird that little tiff is going to have a baby! love, me

Sagan said...

That's wonderful that things are looking so good! And hurray about being an auntie!