Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's Over Already?

I had a great weekend with my mom and sis. We didn't do anything real exciting-a little sight-seeing, some shopping at the Sawgrass Mall, a little bit of the ocean and a drive down Las Olas Blvd. We would have stopped for an afternoon of shopping and viewing the art fair on Las Olas but the lovely rainy weather prevented that. So, there was lots of movie time and some good talks. Got to catch up with my sister, which was so nice. It's great to be able to have adult conversations with a person I used to fight with as a child. My, we have grown up! It was tough to see them go this morning but I'm hoping to get up for a visit around Christmas time, so not too long from now.

The rest of my day was spent with the laundry and straightening up the house. I read a little and took the little guy for a walk. Now it's time to get ready for the work week ahead and watch some Criminal Intent-I am so addicted.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

4 comments:

N.D. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I always get partially depressed on Sunday nights in preparation for Monday : (

MN Mom said...

I am so happy that you had such a great time! Nothing is more important than re-connecting with family when distance separates you. I am sure it meant a lot to them also. Maybe the rainy weather was a blessing it kept you inside and talking!

Jess said...

Those visits always go quick! Glad you had such a nice time.

sunshine said...

Glad you had a good girls weekend. Those things are so important!