Monday, October 13, 2008

Lazy Day Off

I was fortunate to have today off for Columbus Day today and I used it wisely. That is to say I used it to relax. I figure if I'm blessed with an extra day off, I shouldn't try to squeeze in all these errands and so on, this special day should be used to enjoy myself, otherwise it doesn't feel like a real day off.

I wasn't a complete sloth, though. Wilson and I went for a morning stroll and enjoyed the fresh, humid air. I did the hula hoop for 30 minutes and went for a swim, then came home and cleaned the house, put up the Halloween decorations made some lunch.

It's been raining on and off all afternoon so I took this as a sign that I should do some movie watching. I chose a couple older ones today, A River Runs Through It and Presumes Innocent, which are two classics for me.

All in all, it's been a pretty good day. I would have liked it to be nice so I could have gone to the beach, but there's always another day for that. Now, I think I'll have an ice cold beverage and get ready for bowling tonight. I'm feeling a good game or two in my fingers.

6 comments:

Kelly O said...

I LOVE Presumed Innocent. Good One!

:-)
K

Erin said...

I want holidays off! Sounds like a great day. I hope you bowled like a rock star. Ummm...an undrunk rock star.

Jess said...

Glad you got to enjoy a long weekend!

sunshine said...

Oh... Columbus Day... that's why I didn't have any mail.

Glad you had nice long weekend!

RunningNan said...

I love lazy days! Mine consisted of a kick ass Browns game on Monday Night Football!

Sagan said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. We all need them once in a while!