Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My-Coworkers-Are-Stupid Post

Why oh why do I have to work with freaking idiots? Did I do something in a former life that I'm paying back for now? For those of you that work in legal, if someone is represented by counsel and you don't notice the attorney but instead send the docs to the defendant and you are called on it, don't just shrug your shoulders and say, "Oh well, sorry." This can lead to lots of problems, Sargeant Stupid. Next time, I think I will have to open up a can of whoop ass on them. I know we all screw up now and then but maybe if this person wasn't consumed with staring at herself in her little desk mirror all day (no joke), things would get done right. Ahhhhh!

Deep breath....I'm better now. Sometimes a girl just has to vent about these things. So, let's focus on something more exciting. Exercise! Yay! I'm getting back on track here. I did the hula last night for 30 minutes and then went running. Unfortunately, since I took about 2 weeks off from running, I felt like a slug. You know those days where it feels like you can barely get one foot in front of the other? That was my night..just felt like I was trying to run underwater and the humidity certainly added to the underwater feeling. So, I am going to try the running again tomorrow. Tonight I am going to do one of my workout tapes, either The Firm or Tae Bo and take Wilson for a walk.

Question for the runners out there: What chance do I have of competing in a half marathon in January? Totally preposterous or doable? I'm at about 3 miles right now.

Enjoy the rest of hump day!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Ah, I think we have very similar co-workers and work experiences even though our fields are very different. Those darn idiots are everywhere.

Heather said...

oh I say that at LEAST 10 times a day about my coworkers (and clients too for that matter)! I can definitely relate!

carla said...

(not a runner so Im zero help there...oh and since Im a SAHM who writes fulltime in the moments she can sneak Im no help there either :) my coworker is a bullmastiff and my toddler)

MizFit

Jess said...

Totally doable. And Miami is a good choice. You have almost 4 months to train, which is perfect. I could make a little training schedule for you if you'd like! We can schedule some days to run together too if you'd like. I can do whatever pace you want, and soemtimes it's easier to get the miles done when you have a partner! Let me know.

Otherwise, if Miami seems too soon, you also have A1A in Feb, and the Disney Princess Half in March. All good options!

Cammy said...

Not a runner, but a co-worker ran her first half earlier this year after training for 3 months. Her time wasn't the best, but she didn't care about that AT ALL.:) Go for it!

N.D. said...

I think you have plenty of time to train for a 1/2!

Kelly O said...

HOLLA! ha ha I love the Sgt. Stupid part!! ;-) I feel your pain. There needs to be an island we can send stupid people to right?

;-)
K