Friday, October 17, 2008

Ouch

First of all, thank you for all your well wishes for my mom. She is slowly recovering and is finally home and ready for some pampering from my dad.

As for me, last night I finally made it out for a run and it was pretty good overall. It was one of those runs where half your body is on board and doing a great job. My lungs could have run forever and my mind was totally focused...I think that's one of the reasons I run when it's dark-less distractions, except for traffic headlights, that is. However, my body was less than thrilled with this whole running concept of mine and didn't hesitate to let me know. After about 1.5 miles, the shin splints started hurting, then my knees started aching (never happens) and lastly, my right hip began its decline. I made it 2.5 miles before I decided to pack it up and head for home.

Maybe it was just an off night. I think it was all that lunar interaction since the moon was freaking huge last night. At least I was home and showered in time for a new episode of The Office.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I've been blaming the moon for several things the past two days. Not sure if it truly is to blame though.

Did you ever get fitted for shoes? B/c shin/knee/hip issues all could be related to running in crap shoes.

Erin said...

The full moon has made my animals crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have other effects on people.

Sagan said...

Rest up, hope your body feels better!

I like working out in the dark, too.