Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Positive Thoughts for Mom

Sometimes it is really hard to be so far away from home.

My mom had major back surgery this past Thursday. She was supposed to get out of the hospital on Monday but there was too much pain and soreness for her to be leaving so soon so they have pushed it back to tomorrow. I just talked to her and she sounds like she is in pretty good spirits but I can tell the pain is still really strong.

So, since I can't be there for immediate support, I'm sending her a care package of little things I know she likes along with lots of positive thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. I know she will be back to her regular, busy self real soon.

Now I hope Christmas comes real soon so I can get back home for a visit.

12 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope your mom feels better soon! (That sounds like intense surgery!! Plastic? Glue? Sounds like a fifth grader's tinkertoy display!!!) I know she'll love a carepackage from you.

Erin said...

It's amazing what modern medicine/doctors can do. Hopefully she has a speedy recovery. Christmas will be here before you know it. I think the carepackage and some phone calls will help the time inbetween visits.

Melissa Lars Sofia and Espen said...

Hey - Tell mom that I am thinking about her too - we talked a little about her surgery when we were home in MN this summer. Good thing she got out to see you before - by the way - where are the pics from she and Tiff's visit??? Love, Missy

Crystal said...

Missy- We were bad when it came to pictures while Mom and Tiff were here. Only Mom remembered her camera so I have nothing. I had good intentions of bringing one, though.

Shannon said...

I'm sending good thoughts her way!

RunningNan said...

I'm sending good thoughts her way. And puppy hugs and kisses!

Jess said...

Hope her recovery goes smoothly! It will probably take months before she's back to herself, but I bet she mends well!

sunshine said...

Sending lots of well-wishes to your mom, you and your family!

Sagan said...

Sending hugs and good wishes your way. That's sweet of you to send the care package- Christmas will come soon!

eurydice said...

aw, i hope she feels better soon!

MN Mom said...

My mom had back surgery too and it was the most painful thing ever! I hope she gets lots of drugs and heals quickly!

Melissa Lars Sofia and Espen said...

Crystal - well that's no fun!! I was looking forward to seeing some pics from the visit - oh well, next time!