Thursday, October 9, 2008

Running Redemption

My plan last night was to do a video since I had run on Tues night and I usually don't run two days in a row. However, I just wasn't feeling the videotapes; sometimes they only seem to entice me if the weather is crappy and I don't want to brave the elements to get to the gym. So, I decided to give running another shot.

It went much better last night. I didn't stretch beforehand (for some reason, this seems to help) and I did a 5 minute warm up walk and then jumped into my running. Maybe it was the choice of songs or just wanting some redemption, but my legs were flowing to the beat of the music and I just kept going and going. I ran for about 40 minutes and then did another 5-7 minutes cool down. I was sweaty and tired at the end but it felt good.

Bring on the next 5K.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like it was a good run. Are you going to do the Turkey Trot with Jess?

JavaChick said...

I have good days and bad days when it comes to exercise, and sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason...I think it's best to just go what feels right for the day!

Jess said...

I was gonna say the Turkey Trot!! Do it! It's so much fun!

sunshine said...

Don't you love it when you aren't 100% into a run when you start, but come out feeling awesome!

Sagan said...

Ooh nice run. I like Javachicks point- its good to do whatever we feel is right and whatever our bodies want to do. Sounds like you're a running machine!

Crystal said...

Ooohh, I forgot about the Turkey trot..that's a good idea! Jess, you'll leave me in the dust. I'm thinking you'll be sitting down to dinner when I cross the finish line.

Erin said...

I have run a 5K with Jess and although she's speedy; she's short! Just kidding Jess. Actually, she is pretty cool to run with because she motivates you and then leaves you in her wake. Just set your own pace and you will be fine. Plus...I hear Jerry cooks breakfast for afterwards.

carla said...

Im sooo longing for that line at the end with my running :)

the IT FELT GOOD.