Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Don't Think I Get Paid Enough For This

Work. Sigh. Now I can handle the pettiness among coworkers, constant stress and being way overworked but this week has taken the cake. As some of you may know, I work in the legal department of a rather large corporation (no names-don't want to piss them off) and on occasion we piss people off by suing them. However, yesterday a defendant did not just get pissed but started sending violent threats to headquarters so now we all have to watch our backs more closely. We have the defendant's description and make/model of vehicle so we can be on the lookout. We have also been blessed with a security guard for a couple of days. Now, this all wouldn't be quite as bad except I work with a lot of drama queens who are milking this for everything they can. So, I reiterate, I don't think I make enough money for this crappola. At least tomorrow is Friday.

Now, on to some good news. My goals are rockin this week. I got both my runs in and did my two days of cardio (starting all this from Sunday), even Wilson got two walks in. I'm going to try and get my swim sessions done this weekend and I will have finished a stellar workout week. Now I think I'm gonna get my stuff ready for tomorrow.

peace out

8 comments:

Erin said...

I would take threats over having to be on a conference bridge from 6 until 11 tonight. I am so over this "over worked, under paid" situation.

At least you can laugh at your drama queens. I am starting to get to the point of laughing at serious situations since I can't take them all to heart anymore or I will explode.

TGIF is right!

RunningNan said...

Hopefully, all goes well. I'll take your drama queens over my crazy horse lady!

Jess said...

You better start packing your 9.

Sagan said...

Sounds like an intense job you've got! Hope it all works out. Glad to hear your goals are going well, though!

Erin said...

That is not cool about the creepy person...but I can imagine that some of the people I work with would milk that situation also. Have a good weekend!

MN Mom said...

No you don't get paid enough for that!

Heather said...

wow that definitely requires a raise in my eyes! haha. I hope it all works itself out and everyone stays safe.

Shannon said...

Scary. Let's hope he's all hot air and no follow through.