Friday, December 5, 2008

Brief Hiatus

Sometimes a girl just needs a break from things for awhile to relax and do other stuff. That's what I've been up to these past couple of weeks. But, now I'm getting a bit restless again so time to get back to my routine...which is tough during the holidays but I shall persevere!

Some things have stayed the same. Work, of course. Blech-don't even want to discuss that topic. We are still bowling on Monday nights and I can say with total honestly that we went from pretty good to blech as well. We are currently in 21st place out of 34 teams, I think. Now, in a glass-is-half-full mantra, this is not so bad and we are not last but COME ON! This is the first time we have been so low and it must stop! I blame society.

One thing I have neglected is exercise. I've maintained my current weight quite well (minus those couple days around Thanksgiving-which were totally worth it) so at least there was no real gain but you know how your body feels when you have exercised in awhile? That mushy feeling? That's how I feel now. So, it's time to dust off the gym bag and get back out there. At least by tomorrow.

Well, I can hear the workday calling so it's time to get my mushy self ready for work. Happy Friday to everyone!

8 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck getting back to it!

Erin said...

It's ok to take a break once in a while. Good luck jumping back into it. The weather is perfect for doing things outside again.

Sagan said...

"mushy feeling"- too cute! And describes it exactly.

MN Mom said...

Have a good weekend enjoy the weather.

Lesley said...

I know exactly what you mean about that mushy feeling and now I have a name for it! Thanks for that.

We can do it....once we start it'll come flooding back and we'll enjoy it.

Lesley x

Shannon said...

Here's hoping you get rid of the blech's soon! :)

sunshine said...

Hey, chica. Hope things start turning around for ya!

RooBabs said...

I soooo know what you mean about the hiatus- took one myself for a while- and unfortunately also on the mushy feeling, too. But luckily I'm back to running, and hopefully all will be right with the world soon.

Good luck moving up the ranks in your bowling!