Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So Swamped

I do love having time off from work but going back afterwards is scary. I think I have only one small patch of clear space on my desk...just enough for my computer, phone and water bottle. Otherwise, the rest of the desk is piled high with files and problems. Then, my coworker was sick yesterday and had to go home. I have to cover all her duties when she is out so I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be back today. I usually don't mind doing her stuff too, but I've got too much of my own stuff right now.

So what else is new....we are still bowling but not doing quite as well this quarter. We were in 31st place as of yesterday but did get a nice chunk of the points from last night's games so let's see if it's enough to get us back in the twenties. I've accepted that this quarter will not be too successful but we are going to rock the next quarter!

Oh, remember the "no sweets" comment from Sunday? Evidently my body has decided it wants to continue riding the junk food train until Jan 1 so I'm going along with it. Yay for cookies, chocolate and other yummy treats! (I am soooo going to pay for this).

5 comments:

Erin said...

I agree. Vacations are nice but the pile of work you go back to almost makes them seem like a curse.

carla said...

Im entirely with you on the backtoworkfear.

(or wait, did *I* add the word fear? :))

Im ready ready for the family to depart so I can just hunker down and tackle it all.

Jess said...

Good luck with all that work! You'll need the sugar just to help you get through it all!

Sagan said...

Yep, I'm going to pay for those sweets too. This morning I had a slice of apple pie for breakfast. On the other hand, it was the last piece of pie, so now the pie is gone from my fridge! Hehe.

Also I'm hosting a New Years Eve party so hopefully will be able to get rid of the rest of the goodies again (yeah right. Jan 1st will find me baking cookies or something all over again lol).

Kelly Olexa said...

ha ha I've indulged in a few sweets myself this month..and my body hated me for it. You will rock just fine!! ;-)
K