So, what's in store for 2009?
Well let's see...
1. Spend more time with my family. I haven't seen my brother in about a year and a half and it will be a year in February since I saw my dad so I really want to etch out some time this year to get up to MN and visit my family. I know we have a big family reunion in July, so maybe I'll push for that weekend to see the everyone again. It's been too long and it's too easy to lose track of people's comings and goings with the way time flies these days.
2. Lose the rest of this stubborn weight! I managed to lose 35 pounds in 2008 (hurrah!) but I still have a rather large chunk to go. I'm thinking another 60 pounds should do it. No pressure. (yeah right)
3. Run at least 3 races this year. I only got around to doing one 5k this in 2008 and it was about 2 months after I started running so my time was not so hot. I think I'll stick with the 5k races until I see some improvement and then work my way up to longer races.
4. Stay connected with friends. This one seems so easy but with busy schedules, it can be hard to meet up with my buddies so I want to schedule some girls' nights, movie outings, etc. this year.
5. Enjoy life each and every day.
I will also have some more defined eating/exercise goals for the year but I haven't completely figured them out yet. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy and prosperous year for everyone.
Happy New Year!