Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Goals

So, what's in store for 2009?

Well let's see...

1. Spend more time with my family. I haven't seen my brother in about a year and a half and it will be a year in February since I saw my dad so I really want to etch out some time this year to get up to MN and visit my family. I know we have a big family reunion in July, so maybe I'll push for that weekend to see the everyone again. It's been too long and it's too easy to lose track of people's comings and goings with the way time flies these days.

2. Lose the rest of this stubborn weight! I managed to lose 35 pounds in 2008 (hurrah!) but I still have a rather large chunk to go. I'm thinking another 60 pounds should do it. No pressure. (yeah right)

3. Run at least 3 races this year. I only got around to doing one 5k this in 2008 and it was about 2 months after I started running so my time was not so hot. I think I'll stick with the 5k races until I see some improvement and then work my way up to longer races.

4. Stay connected with friends. This one seems so easy but with busy schedules, it can be hard to meet up with my buddies so I want to schedule some girls' nights, movie outings, etc. this year.

5. Enjoy life each and every day.

I will also have some more defined eating/exercise goals for the year but I haven't completely figured them out yet. Here's hoping for a happy, healthy and prosperous year for everyone.

Happy New Year!

12 comments:

carla said...

love the goals and, for me, if (when?) I nail number five all other things seem to fall into place.

happy new year!
MizFit

Erin said...

Darn Blogger. Let's try this again.

I think you posted some very realistic goals. They all seem doable.

Congrats on the 35 lbs. Here's to another year of successful exercise. Maybe we can combine the "girl's time" with something centered around an activity rather than food and drinks? Who am I kidding?!?

Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Those are great goals... Most of them are things I really want to make an effort to do this year as well. There's nothing stopping us now!

Heather said...

you accomplished some great things in 08 so I have no doubt you will be able to accomplish all you desire in 09. Happy new year!

Jess said...

Those represent some well-balanced goals! Good luck with them!

Sagan said...

Great goals! Staying connected can be tricky but I love how even when we can't see friends on a regular basis, we can still get together and have a great time when we're able to have synchronized schedules. It's really nice to have friends like that.

Shannon said...

I'm in for girls nights and movie outings! :)

N.D. said...

Great goals!! best of luck for the start of the year.

Charlie Hills said...

Those are all good goals: best of luck this year! And don't worry, the last sixty pounds are the easiest.

JavaChick said...

Great list! Best of luck with all of your 2009 goals!

MN Mom said...

You have yourself moving in the right direction and your head is in the game. Congrats!
You did great--in 2008!

Sharon said...

Great goals for the year! Happy New Year!