Friday, January 9, 2009

Feeling Crummy

Well, I held off as long as I could I guess. Brian was sick last week and everyone at work has been passing this damn demon head cold around since before Christmas so why did I think I wouldn't end up with it sooner or later? Yesterday, it started with the sore throat and some sniffles and has emerged today as the demon cold from hell. So, I think it's going to be a laid back weekend for me. Maybe I will get some reading done since I got 5 books at the bookstore yesterday (it's like I anticipated this or something...maybe I have a bit of psychic Sylvia in me) or watch some movies. I'm a bit disappointed cuz I thought I had superior genes like Dwight Shrute and wouldn't get sick. Guess there's only one Dwight. Sigh.

To celebrate my sickness, I decided to reward myself with a nice cup of vanilla ice cream, slightly melted. With a bit of whipped cream. And a crushed chocolate chip cookie. Topped with chocolate syrup. Mmmmmm......sometimes it's good to be a wee bit under the weather.

But I had better wake up tomorrow in perfect health again.

9 comments:

MN Mom said...

If you can shake the crud in 1 day...you are good!

Feel better.

Shannon said...

Great...now I'm going to have to go make a sundae too...

Hope you feel better soon!

Sharon said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jess said...

Sorry to hear you're sick! What books did you get?

Erin said...

So the trick to finishing a book is to get sick? Hmmm...

Get better soon.

Sagan said...

YUM. Enjoy your reading and feel better!

eurydice said...

ack! hope you are feeling better!

JavaChick said...

Aw! I was sick last week and it's no fun. Hope you're feeling better.

Cammy said...

Hope you're feeling better...