Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Motivator

By now, most of us have watched at least part of an episode of The Biggest Loser. I used to be an avid watcher of this show but it wasn't so much for the contestants. I was all about my favorite personal trainer, Jillian Michaels. This. Girl. Totally. Rocks. If I was ever going to have a personal trainer, I want someone as bad ass as she is. Someone who is not only going to encourage and motivate me, but kick my ass if I whine or complain. Oh, you don't like sit ups? Great, let's do 20 more to change your mind. Now MOVE! Love, love, love her.

I think I have a lot of respect for her because I see the similarities. She is a mere 5 foot 2 inches tall (me, too!) and she used to have a weight problem as well, weighing 175 pounds (thank you SELF magazine article). She did the whole self-loathing thing for awhile but then decided to get out there and do something about it. Now she is a kick-ass trainer and has abs I would kill for.

So, as I try yet again to get back into my college shape again, I am using any and all tools I can to motivate myself. As Ms. Michaels states: "Fitness is not about six-pack abs. It's a tool to help you reinvent yourself. It's about exercising your greatness, feeling the full potential of your power and reaching it with no shame." Those abs-a bonus.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I've got a total crush on Jillian, too. I love that she readily admits to loving making people cry in the gym.

Sagan said...

Wow, I love that quote.

I've seen very little of The Biggest Loser but I have her 30 day shred dvd and its awesome. Also every interview I've seen her do she just seems amazing! She'd be a great personal trainer to have.

Erin said...

Who needs tv when we have Jerry?!?He should have been on that show for how to lose weight in a healthy way. Granted, Jerry didn't have 100's of pounds to lose but dang-couch potato to runner. Jess has some magic spell. Maybe we can have her harness her influence on us too!

Jess said...

I've never seen that show, but I know that I read all the time about people doing her shred video, and apparently, it's quite tough!

Marty Morandi said...

I've seen it too, and that show is very inspiring, especially for those who are striving hard to lose weight. Are there also shows for those who are depressed and hopeless as a result of losing weight? I would love to watch that too!