Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tidbits

Nothing profound today-all I got is some random thoughts. Scary, I know.

For starters, work is stupid. Today was one of those days you just want to throw everything off your desk, drop to the ground and throw a big temper tantrum. Too much stupid equals headache for Crystal.

Because of this, I decided it would be a great idea to have 3 cups of cappuccino today...with 34 starbursts. My sugar/caffeine high was totally rockin this afternoon!

Have I mentioned my bowling team rocks? We have gone from the bottom 20s to 14th place in a matter of weeks. Watch out first place team. Your ass. Is grass.

You know those quaint little diners where you can order a meal from the menu but then change everything about it to suit your fancy? That happens to be the diner by our house. We are usually the youngest people there by about 40 years and have become regulars. The turkey club is to die for. So scrumptious!

So, I just finished the book, Into the Wild, which is about an idealistic college student who graduates college and then donates his college fund (for law school), gets rid of nearly all his worldly possessions and takes off on foot around the country, eventually ending up in Alaska. Minus the unhappy ending, it is a great story. I'd love to get out there and just live without all the daily crap sometimes. Very liberating. Now I'm reading Revolutionary Road. Still too early to judge this one.

My fingers have had enough typing so now I'm gonna get into my running gear and head out for a couple miles. I hear a cold front is coming our way again. Could get into the 50s!

Hmm....just read over this post. Maybe that sugar high is still lingering.....

8 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

that was all over the place? Made perfect sense to me ;-)

Erin said...

I swear to God our crappy days are linked together. It must be one of those things where shitty days require company. Hang in there. I know I am.

Jess said...

Yeah, the crappy days definitely seem linked! All 3 of us -- you, me, Erin -- had poo-filled days. Must be that "cold" front moving in.

Sharon said...

Awh hang in there.
But oh wow, your bowling team sounds great!

Shannon said...

That might be more starbursts than I've consumed ever. Now I could easily eat 34 chocolate candies...

Lesley said...

I quite like random but I'd agree that sugar was making you bounce about a bit!!

Are Starbursts the fruit flavoured chew sweets or something entirely different?

Lesley x

Lesley said...

PS. I love the way you Americans say "tidbits"!! I've noticed it on a few blogs. It hasn't morphed yet over here so we're still on !"titbits"!! Oooooh, naughty eh??

Sagan said...

Haven't read Into The Wild yet but Kraukauer (sp?) is a great author; I'd highly recommend Into Thin Air.