Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back in Action

Sort of. But me so tired this week.

First of all, let me just say the cruise was awesome! It was our first cruise so we weren't sure what to expect but I can say that I will be going on another one again one of these days. I think it was especially nice going with a bunch of friends. Even though we had our alone time now and then, we were able to relax and have fun with a lot of our friends throughout the day and definitely partied it up in the evenings!

We left from Miami and our first stop was Key West, where our friends got married. The wedding was beautiful, the weather was great and it was so nice to spend those special moments with some of my closest buddies. Then it was off to Duval Street to Hogs Breath Saloon for some frosty beverages before heading back to the boat.

The cruise accommodations were pretty nice. There was so much to do on the boat, even a jogging track and miniature golf area. We saw a comedian one night and danced it up in a couple of cute little clubs they had on board.

The next stop was Cozumel where Brian and I went on an excursion on mini jeeps out along the beach front, past some Mayan ruins, crocodile lagoon and this pretty lighthouse before stopping at the beach for some snorkeling along one of the coral reefs. It was his first time snorkeling and we both had a blast but the time sure went by fast. After some good Mexican food and a little bit of shopping, we were back on the boat and ready to par-tay!

Sunday was a day at sea and very relaxing. Some eating, drinking and catching rays at the Lido pool, our last dinner with the group and then party time again in the evening. We were back home by 10am on Monday morning and so ready for a nap! Needless to say, our team did not have a stellar performance at bowling. I believe we only got 2 points out of 22. Oh well, we were tired!

Now, it's back to the regular business of work, exercise and Wilson. After two days of work, I still can't find my desk. Maybe I can clean out a corner of it by Friday....or at least by next Friday. I was good and got out for a 3 mile run last night. It felt really good to start moving again and today I did the hula hoop and I still have to take the little guy for a walk. So....that's where I'm headed.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, we really sucked it up at bowling on Monday, but I think it was a feat that we were there at all!

Sagan said...

Aw that sounds lie a lovely time! But it's good to get back into the swing of things after the vacation too, isn't it? :)

RunningNan said...

Awww.. you have a Brian too! lol.

It sounds like a great time! Hopefully, it's an easy transition back to normal life!

eurydice said...

welcome back! sounds like fun :)

Heather said...

so glad you had a great trip, I am jealous!

Shannon said...

So it sounds like a longer cruise would have been nice from all your guys stories. I always wondered what would be enough versus too long on a cruise...