Sunday, February 1, 2009

Football Day

So, why is it that I can barely force myself to get up at 6am during the work week, but come Sunday, I am up at the ass-crack of 5:45 am wide-awake and ready for the day? I want to sleep in dammit! I think my body woke up so early cuz it is sore. I've gotten the exercise bug and have been working out for the past few days. Thursday I ran, Friday was swimming, yesterday was a long walk and 2 runs and today is still up in the air but I would like to squeeze something in since I know I will be doing some serious eating and drinking this evening during the big game.

Brian and I did some shopping yesterday and after trying on clothes, I can only say that I can't wait until I get back to my old size again. Right now, it is such a pain to find things I like that fit well. I remember this whole shopping thing being so much easier and more fun when I was a much smaller size. I'm hoping the frustration I feel can be put to good use to swim harder, run faster and make healthier food choices. Starting tomorrow, of course.

Today I am going to do some house cleaning and laundry and then it's off to a friend's house for some good food, beer and football action. Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Wow on the exercise! You have been busy. My plans include paying some bills, getting packed for Chicago, and getting groceries for our "non-traditional appetizers" for the party this afternoon.

Jess said...

I went shopping for cruise clothes yesterday too! Of course, my issue is a little different: I don't quite need maternity clothes yet, but the current jeans are getting a little tight. I ended up getting a couple of sundresses and skirts and shorts with stretchy waistbands.

Sharon said...

Sounds like an awesome day planned! And oh wow, you did wake up super early! -lol- Happy Super Bowl!

Erin said...

I feel your pain, I hate shopping lately! I do the same thing on weekends, and it drives me nuts.

Cammy said...

That's it; use the anger for power! :) (The quickest way to get me to do something is to get me mad about it.)

JavaChick said...

Yes...I agree; shopping is more fun when you can fit into smaller sizes. Sigh. As you say - should be incentive to keep on working out!

Sagan said...

Shopping will get better:) I do the same thing with waking up early when I want to sleep in; body gets so used to waking up at a specific time that it thinks I should wake up early on weekends too. Sighs!