Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm ready for bed

Geez, I am tired tonight and it's only a little after nine-thirty. In my defense, though, it has been a long day. I was up at 5am this morning and ran a couple of miles-didn't have the Garmin with me but when you run the same area over and over, you tend to know what your mileage is.

Work was uneventful except that I had such a bad headache that I called it quits at noon and went home for some tylenol and a nap. Usually, I can push through these headaches but today was not one of them. You know, the type of headache where having your eyes open is painful. So, I went home and took a little nap but got up around 2 cuz I was feeling guilty for being home and doing nothing, so I straightened up the house, did about 3 loads of laundry, went through some bills, made a doctor and dentist appointment and played with Wilson.

This evening I ran out to get some new books (yeah!) and then Wilson and I went for a walk, which should have been fairly uneventful but the pit bull barrelling down on us kept things exciting. Evidently, the dog raced out of the house when the door was open and headed straight for us. I heard the owner but didn't see the dog coming till she was almost right on top of us, then I dragged Wilson behind me and we just stood our ground till the owner came begging for forgiveness. Poor Wilson has more dogs come running after him than I can count. Must be his "precious moments" eyes.

So, that's my day in a nutshell. I'm ready for a nice bubble bath and some good reading. Nighty-night.

P.S. I sucked ass at bowling last night. I got a freaking 93 in my first game. I'm surprised the league didn't ask me to take my stuff and leave quietly after that one. At least it can only get better...right?

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Awh hang in there. Sorry to hear about your headache. Bubble bath sounds great! Hope it helps!

Jess said...

I went to bed at 9 last night, so don't feel bad. Sometimes a person just gets sleepy!

Lesley said...

Sometimes, you just need to sleep.

Hope Wilson isn't too traumatised and I'm sure your bowling suckiness was just a blip!

Lesley x

Sagan said...

Hope you're feeling better! Books make everything better.

Shannon said...

Glad the pit bull didn't terrorize you too much. Is he a bully or was he just trying to say hello?