Sunday, March 1, 2009

31 Days

It's time to get pumped up! Since today is the first day of March, I have decided to rev up my exercise plans and do a 31 day chub-buster program. No charts or graphs, people, I am sooo not that ambitious. My plan is to do one hour of exercise every day for the next 31 days. The key to success, I think, will be in the variation of exercise to keep me entertained since running for the next 31 days would put my poor legs out of commission!

Now, some exercises don't take a full hour. I can usually kick out my running in under 45 minutes(depending on my slow pace or how long I spend trying to talk myself out of it completely) and I have not hooped for an hour yet, either. On these occasions, I think some ab work and stretches will be added into the mix. Ooh, I getting excited just thinking about all the different variations!

Focus, focus.....so, I plan to do 2-3 days of running per week. I want at least 2 days of swimming per week (been seriously neglecting this) and either cardio work at the gym or some fitness tapes at home. I would like to take a fitness class or two at the gym so I may squeeze in one of those now and then.

And where did this burst of motivation come from? Cruise pictures. The pictures don't lie, kiddies, and they scream "You need to work harder, chubbs!" It's tough, I tell ya. The pics reveal a great time that all of us had on the trip but I also see how far I still have to go to reach my goals and I can tell I'm not anywhere near my goal weight yet. I can't wait for the day to take a picture and truly be happy with what I see. Hopefully, that will happen this year. So, if you notice me slacking, feel free to give a stern shout-out to get my ass in gear.

Day 1 here we go!

7 comments:

Erin said...

I think you have done really well and look great! Don't be so hard on yourself.

Natalie D said...

that's a great plan! good luck! I haven't really been a strong long distance runner. I lose my steam. I can do about 15 miles easily but after that I start losing it quickly. I don't really have any tips except stay at an easy pace to start off.

Sharon said...

Thus far, I think you have done a great job! Best wishes on the challenge!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

You will do awesome!

I know what you mean about pictures being motivating. I saw some pretty bad Xmas pictures of myself.....

Cammy said...

Good luck with your plan! (But remember to let those muscles recharge every now and again!*g*)

eurydice said...

Good luck! Every day will really be a kick start.