Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another 3

Actually, it was 3.5 miles total. I walked about a half mile total in my warm-up and cool down and ran a solid 3 miler tonight. Sometimes these runs seem so easy and other nights it's like pulling teeth. Tonight started out a wee bit rocky but after about 1.5 miles, I got into my groove, had some good tunes on, and pushed forward. I find myself trying to elongate my stride now since I sometimes feel like I'm taking such small steps..of course maybe that's just due to my 5'2" status. Overall, it was a good run with a strong finish.

After a few weeks of steady workouts, I find myself getting into a weekly schedule. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my swimming/abs/arms workouts, Wednesdays and Saturdays are running/legs/push ups and Sunday is whatever I want day, whether that's a walk, run, workout DVD, etc. I'm keeping my rest days to Monday (due to bowling) and Friday (it's party time!) at least for now.

My body is tuckered now so I'm going to watch Criminal Minds and Damages and hit the hay. At least it's already Thursday tomorrow.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow, awesome! And I LOVE CRIMINAL MINDS!! Next to numb3rs too!! hahah soo geeky.

Erin said...

I watch Damages too. I wish I could say I exercise too but after the long day at work, a few minutes of Miller time, and then chores, I am tuckered out. How do you fit it in?

Sagan said...

That's great! Finishing strong always makes me feel so powerful.

Jess said...

Nice job on the run!

Cammy said...

Doesn't music make such a huge difference in working out? I love it!

Shannon said...

I like how you've relegated bowling to "rest" - does this mean we no longer consider it a sport of exercise? - dang!

Heather T said...

Glad ot hear you found a routine. I need to do that. I love Criminal Minds.