Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crystal + Swimming = Tired

Tonight was swimming night and it was a tough one. I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday cuz it's a rest day for me and man-o-man could I use a rest day. I had to change into my suit at work just to insure that I would go to the gym. Okay, check. Then, there was the ride home. I did my best to talk myself out of going to the gym. I pleaded, begged, cried some crocodile tears but in the end, I stuck to my goal and forced the car into the gym parking lot, got out kicking and silently screaming, and got my butt into that pool.

Those first few laps were okay but I could feel how tired and sore my body was tonight. Every lap seemed like effort. I trudged through my workout for 30 minutes and then stopped, took off the goggles and started to stretch. As I'm stretching, I'm egging myself on: "are you really done already? Pansy." That was it. The goggles went back on and I did another ten lap freestyle sprint. The arms were burning, the legs were screaming and the heart rate was up. My inner guru says to me, "Okay, you are free to go. Stretch and have a nice day. I hear The Office is new. Enjoy." So I listened to my guru, stretched, hopped out and relaxed in the dry sauna for about 10 minutes before heading home. I'm happy I swam but am much happier for my rest day.

Time for a bubble bath and a good book. Geez, do I ever get tired of being submerged in water?

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Well done!! I like the sound of your inner exercise guru. Mine is a bit of a part timer and only shows up accasionally! He's been around this week though as, like you, I've managed an array of decent exercise.

Keep it up!!

Lesley x

Jess said...

Good job getting the swim in even when you didn't feel like it. I always know that when I don't want to exercise, that's when I probably need it the most!

sunshine said...

Great job! The hardest part is always getting there, isn't it? (I think your inner guru and my inner guru were plotting against us yesterday, because that's exactly how I felt!)

Enjoy the rest day - you've definitely earned it!

Sagan said...

Hehe nice. It's amazing the conversations we have with ourselves! Sometimes I have the same conversation when I'm getting ready to go to aikido, but after those two hours of practice I am SO glad that I went- and usually more for the mental aspect of it than the physical, to be honest.

MN Mom said...

Maybe you are part fish! Either way...good job! Wish I would get the X-bug.