Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I really work with these people?

Oh. My. Goodness. Ya know, I try to come into each work day with a positive attitude...one in which I don't think my coworkers are stupid. Unfortunately, they seem to go out of their way to prove to me again and again and again that they are indeed freaking mo fo's. Today's source of drama: the kitchen.

People tend to be pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning up after themselves. I would hate to see some of my coworkers' houses based on how they treat the workplace. There are usually crumbs everywhere, paper towels thrown about and my favorite-garbage that is set right next to the freaking garbage can. Today, someone decided to have some fun with the coffee creamer. We have powdered creamer in the office and one of my coworkers dumped the contents from one end of the counter to the other and then left it there. When the boss found out, she flipped out and wrote a nasty email about how appalled she is with whomever left the mess and swore revenge. First, coffee privileges revoked. Second, kitchen privileges revoked. Then a friend/coworker responded to the email stating she was pissed that one of us is a dumbass and now the rest of us are being punished. This went on and on all day: emails, whispered conversations, etc. Can't believe I got any work done!

The end result: no one cleaned it up cuz the boss put a sticky note next to the mess stating to leave it there until the big boss comes in tomorrow to see the damage. Can't wait for tomorrow and the ass-kicking we are going to receive from him. Love. My. Job.

How was your hump day?

9 comments:

Erin said...

Seriously? That boss is just as dumb. Clean that stuff up and grow up. My punishment would be to assign you all a week or day to keep it clean. Then, after you have all been severely scolded and shamed, I would lift the ban and wait for the idiot to do it again.

This my friends, is why I do not drink coffee. Maybe it's a sign that I should?

Sharon said...

Oh wow, that sounds intense. Cleaning it up and setting an example would be a better step. I think people may lack the need to keep it tidy if they don't visually see others doing the same. If it's a dump, why try to mess with the dump. Maybe routinely assign kitchen duties so that one day a week a couple of people are in charge of making sure the kitchen is clean? That way, everyone does their share... hum.

Sagan said...

Ugh, stupid work politics. HUG.

Jess said...

That sucks. Hard to believe grown ups can be so childish, huh?

sunshine said...

Wow... Isn't it amazing no matter how long ago high school is, things just don't change?

Hope today is a better day!

eurydice said...

wow... talk about passive aggressive!

Heather said...

that sounds like my office! we will have an empty roll of paper towels because no one removes it and puts a new one there, garbage thats full that no one wants to take out, no one refills the coffee or sugars,etc., just waits for someone else to do it (usually me), etc. it surprises me how lazy people are at work!

Shannon said...

I like Erin's suggestion though I think professional adults should be responsible enough to clean up after themselves - ridiculous!

Cammy said...

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.