Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Done Trying

To get up early in the morning, that is. So far this week I have set the alarm for 5am in great hopes of hopping out of bed, putting on my running clothes and getting a morning run in before work. And so far I've hit the snooze button three times (all that's allowed on my alarm clock before it shuts off for the day), reset the alarm for 6:15am and burrowed back under the covers until I awoke wide-awake at 5:30 or so with guilt for not getting up. So, what have we learned here? That after two days of this madness, I'm even more tired now and I didn't get the running in! As Homer Simpson would say, "You tried and you failed. The moral is, never try." Needless to say that alarm is set for 6:15 and it's staying there.

That's it...I'm ready for bed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Something must be in the air because I haven't been able to get out of bed all week either. People at work are feeling the same way. Maybe daylight's savings finally caught up with us?

Jess said...

I can never get up early to exercise unless I have an obligation to meet people. That's my only motivation to do it early.