Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lazypallooza

Remember how I was kicking ass in the exercise/food categories of life? Well, I decided I was tired and needed a break...for the past four days. It's been a no-holds-barred free for all on the food front but I really haven't ventured too far off the beaten path. There have been some chips (like a bag of Doritos), lots of caffeine and some late-night snacking but nothing for me to freak out about.

And, for me, when the food goes, the exercise follows. So, I have not done any gym activity since Saturday. I did manage a little hula hooping last night but that was about it. But I'm not going to feel guilty about it. It's been a rough week at work...people out sick, too much to do, crazy attorneys...and I just needed some time to relax and catch up on my tv time.

So, now that I'm refreshed, the house is clean and I'm caught up on all my shows, I'm ready to get back into the routine again. Four days is about all I can stand without some movement anyway. Think I'll go for a run tomorrow morning.

On another note, anyone reading any good books? I have just finished my last one and am probably going to head to the bookstore this weekend for some new reads.

~Peace out

6 comments:

Summer Slim said...

you have such a great philosophy on taking "breaks" for healthy living!

Jess said...

I recommend American Wife, Still Alice, and Prep. All ones I've recently read and liked. I'm currently reading one called Firefly Lane, but I think it's just so-so. Wouldn't recommend it.

Sagan said...

A break is a good thing! Right now I'm re-reading The Amazing Adventures of DietGirl and I'm also reading the third book in the Twilight series. Love them both for some light reading.

Erin said...

What you said, "when the food goes, the exercise follows"....it is so me, but the opposite! If I feel crappy about my workout I just give in and EAT. For a fast and entertaining (aka, mindless) read just read Chasing Harry Winston. It was OK. I wouldn't buy it, but if you get it at the library or something....

Cammy said...

Sometimes a wee break is all we need to reignite the sparks.

Without knowing what you like to read, it's tough to recommend a book, but I just finished, Stuart Woods's "Short Straw".

sunshine said...

Seriously, I agree that a break is a needed change sometimes. Glad to see you're back at it full force.

Books... we'll I'm reading the history of Haiti right now. Not a light read, but pretty interesting. :)