Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mind over Body

And the mind took the prize! Last night I went for a nice little run. I don't know if it was the cool weather or the fact that I hadn't been on a run for a few days, but it felt really good. However, I got to mile two and my body started acting up, though...like a cranky toddler in the backseat wanting to get out of the car. You know, something like this:

Body: Gee, I'm kind of getting a little tired.

Mind: Tough. We are finishing this 3 miler.

Body: I hear what you're saying, but my right shin kind of hurts. Here, wanna feel it?

Mind: What, you think I didn't notice it? Save it for the playground, Nancy.

Body: I don't care for your tone right now.

Mind: Suck it.

Body: Fine! The shin pain isn't enough for you, I can see. Here, how's a little hip pain feel? Like that, do ya!

Mind: Oohh, bring it! That's all you got! Cuz we are so pushing through this and finishing so SUCK. IT. UP.

Body: I HATE YOU!

Mind: This is for your own good! P.S. I HATE YOU TOO!

Body: Yes, we are on the sidewalk again. Take some back pain bitch!

Mind: I love back pain. LOVE IT!!!

Body: Why don't you love me?

At this time, I looked down at my Garmin and I was at 3.12 miles. Time to stop. Yay!

Mind: You made it! You are awesome!

Body: No, you are awesome. I couldn't have done it without you.

Mind: Let's never fight again.

Body: Agreed

And they all lived happily ever after....

5 comments:

Cammy said...

What a wonderful tale! I love when the good guys win! :)

Jess said...

My mind and body have had some very similar discussions/arguments!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Too funny - mind over body. :)

Heather T said...

Cute dialog. Sounds like some conversations that I've had with my mind

Sagan said...

hehehe woohoo! I have these conversations all the time ;)