Thursday, April 2, 2009

Runner's High

Last night I finally got out for a run and it felt so good! I put on the headphones, did a 5 minute walk warm-up and then took off. Nothing too fast-paced...I was all about the distance. The first mile and a half went by pretty fast and I think I could have made it all the way to three miles but a started to notice a lot of cop cars flying by. After the sixth one flew by with lights on and sirens wailing, I slowed down to a walk. Then, I noticed the sheriff's helicopter circling overhead right in my area. So, I took that as a sign to cut the run short and head for home. I don't mind a cop car here and there, but when the search lights are out, that's it for me! Brian was on the look-out for me so it's good I did head back anyway. I wonder what happened?

Needless to say, I will be out for another run tonight cuz I just didn't get my fill last night. Here's hoping for a good three-miler!

3 comments:

Sagan said...

What a great feeling! Enjoy your run tonight and keep safe :)

Jess said...

Yeah, you don't want to be mistaken for a criminal on the run!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Okay, Jess's comment just cracked me up. I forgot what I was going to say... :)