Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

  1. Have you ever tried hula hooping in the opposite direction? Not for the faint of heart..or um waistline? I happen to be a counter-clockwise hooper so I thought I'd try it the other way. Talk about mind over body experience-I had to actually think about the movements to keep that damn thing up! I think I'll just stick to my regular swing of things.
  2. Got some new books today: Donnie Brasco-Joseph D. Pistone with Richard Woodley, The Incredible Shrinking Critic-Jami Bernard, The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings-Edgar Allen Poe and Brideshead Revisited-Evelyn Waugh. Can't wait to get started on Donnie Brasco.
  3. Bowling stats: I got over 100 points for each game but nothing stellar at all. I think I had a 141, 130-ish, and 122. I blame society for my mediocre performance (can't blame the Bud Light).
  4. 99 days and counting till Brian and I are homeward bound! Yay! Huh, suppose I should get off my fat ass and get to work then.
  5. Can I claim that I am doing the Couch to 5K program if I only do the couch part? No one has to know, right?
  6. Flip flops are one of the most amazing things invented and I should totally get to wear them to work.
  7. P.S. I rock.

5 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I think hula-hooping the opposite direction would be about as easy as writing with your other hand!

Jess said...

I get to wear flip flops to work. It does rock.

I haven't red your first two selections, but I read Bridehead Revisted in college and I actually teach The Tell-Tale Heart in my short story class, and am familiar with most of Poe's stories. Have fun with all the reading!

Cammy said...

I can't hula hoop in *either* direction!

And yes you SHOULD get to wear flip-flops to work.

Oh, and a big ditto on YOU ROCK!

Sagan said...

The Tell-Tale Heart always sends shivers up and down my spine. Hula hooping the opposite direction requires some mad skills!

JavaChick said...

Have not used my hula hoop in a while, but I used to alternate directions. I do have to think about the change in direction at first, but once I get going I'm fine.