Thursday, May 14, 2009

A.M. Run

My adrenaline rush did not crash last night. I did take Wilson out for his walk and then sat by the pool and read a couple chapters before heading into the house to watch some Law & Order. I think I first tried to go to bed at 11pm and woke up on and off throughout the night-full of energy-until my alarm finally went off at 5am. Hmm...should I get up and be productive or stay in bed and pretend I'm trying to sleep? So, after 3 hits on the snooze button, I got my butt up and got my running gear on.

Now, it's been quite a while since I got my ass up to do a morning run. Lately I've been good with getting them done in the evenings but, do to being sick for nearly two weeks, I've really slacked on the running so why not bust back into it in the wee hours of the morning, right?

So, I got out there, got the Garmin up and running and did a 5 minute warm-up. Then I started running. My body felt so stiff and out of sync, no wonder I don't do too many morning runs. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could get up every morning and do my exercise but I always feel like I'm working at half my potential. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to it.

It turned out to be a pretty good run. I only squeezed in about 2.5 miles before I had to head in and get ready for work but I felt strong and accomplished all day. Surprisingly not tired, either. Let's keep this energy going!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Way to get the dreaded morning run done! When I run in the morning, I can never just get up and go. I have to get up, eat breakfast, have a cup of coffee, poop...it's a long process before I'm actually out the door.

Sagan said...

Morning exercise is such a great way to get energized for the day! I love it. Good for you!