Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back Again

What a great weekend getaway! The drive to Orlando was a bit sucky...since it was raining, there were five different accidents along the way, which slowed us down a bit since the Turnpike is only two lanes, but we got there in just under 3 hours so I guess we still made pretty good time. We were able to check into the hotel early and what a beautiful pick Brian made. The rooms were great and the place had lagoons and cute little walkways and bridges everywhere and there were 3 swimming pools, a wading pool and hot tub to play in as well.

After dropping our stuff off, we headed straight to Universal Studios and had a blast. It's changed so much since the last time I was there....15 years ago.....and I think we managed to hit every ride we wanted to, and some that were so-so. After the park closed, we walked around a bit for some souvenirs and dinner and then headed back to the hotel for a little hot tub time.

Sunday we were up at the crack of 6am to attend a lovely time share presentation (totally Brian's fault) and spent 3 hours telling the salespeople-who supposedly weren't trying to be pushy-that if I don't own my own freaking house, I sure as hell don't want to own one of theirs! But, at least we got $95 bucks out of them, which paid for more goodies at the park so it wasn't a total loss. We finally made it to Islands of Adventure and I must say, their roller coasters ROCK! We hit all the hot spots there and I even got Brian on the Merry Go Round in Dr. Seuss land.

Overall, I think we had a pretty good time. The rain held out till the evening both days so we didn't get rained out at all and, for a holiday weekend, the lines weren't bad at all. Good times! Now, if only I hadn't left my damn pillow there, I'd be a happy camper. I'll just have to take one of theirs next time :)

So, now it's back to reality. I was a crabby mcbitchcakes at work today. I didn't want to be there and had so much work to do so I just did my best to keep to myself. Which is when everyone wants to talk to you. All day long. Every five minutes. Forever.

I ate like a pig this weekend so now I have to get back in the saddle and get my ass in gear. Only 57 days to home! I think I'll run tonight as long as it doesn't storm anymore. Maybe some hula time too.

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a good time. What hotel did you stay in?

Sagan said...

That sounds like a lovely time! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Jess said...

Glad you had a nice getaway and that the rain didn't interfer!