Saturday, May 30, 2009

Busy Saturday

I like my Saturdays busy. That seems to be my day to get all the neglected household chores and leftover errands taken care of, which is pretty much what we did here today. I was up around 7:30 this morning, had my coffee and read a few chapters of Eclipse before I started in on the household chores. I cleaned the kitchen, swept and mopped the floors, dusted everything, vacuumed and washed all Wilson's blankets and pillows. Brian took care of all the yard work while I was slaving in the house. Now the yard looks great and the house has the fresh, clean smell. Love it!

This afternoon we ran to Sears and got some household goodies and bought a new grill with our Christmas gift cards, since our current grill has been losing it's power. So, Brian has been busy in the garage putting the new grill together (yes, they do come assembled but he likes to tinker so I let him put it together) and I've been finishing my household chores. I think tonight is going to be movie night and I'm all about relaxation tomorrow. Maybe if it's nice out, I'll get in a couple hours at the beach. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like we had a similar Saturday. Unfortunately, with Miller, our chores spread out over the whole weekend. Enjoy your beach time.

Jess said...

Hope you get some beach time today; it's looking cloudy again.

Sagan said...

A busy Saturday is very satisfying. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished.