Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Feelings of Accomplishment

I think someone slipped me some crack or speed or maybe just spiked my coffee with some herbal pick-me-up because I have been a to-do list machine this evening! For those who don't know, I love to-do lists. However, sometimes I keep adding and adding without ever subtracting any of them. There's one of my biggest problems: I'm a great thinker (for a blonde) but getting my plans into action...not so much. So, today at work I made a mini to-do list just for today. It seems to have worked. Ever since I got home, I've been on a roll.

So far, I've:
-Made dinner and did the dishes;
-Got rid of the dead plants from the front yard and watered all plants that are still alive (I wanted some new ones anyway);
-Swept and vacuumed all floors;
-Filled the pool back up;
-Cleaned the patio area and sprayed the deck;
-Sprayed the backyard for bugs (it's that time of year again);
-Had a beer (very important to rehydrate yourself); and
-Straightened up the house.

The only thing left on my list is take Wilson for a walk and hula hoop. I feel so accomplished! It's nice to get a few things out of the way and finally off that list. Tomorrow is a whole new day just waiting for it's own mini list. Maybe I'll get started on that right now.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

What the hell is Button doing when you are doing all this?

Crystal said...

Supervising, of course.

Jess said...

Congrats on getting your to do list done! I like how having a beer was on there!