Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Pool Time Again

After all these lovely winter months of nice, cool weather and low humidity, it is now May and that means the temperatures have started to hike up into the 90s, the humidity is creeping back up and the clothes are getting skimpier. For me, it means the pool is finally starting to heat up into the 80s again and I can get back in there without shivering again. Woo hoo!! So, that's exactly what I've been doing for most of the daylight hours this weekend...floating in the pool with a book, my soda or water and two dogs watching me very closely to make sure I don't get into any mischief. It has been wonderful.

Speaking of two dogs, as many of you know, we only have one dog, Wilson, but we are dog sitting for some friends while they headed to MN for a nice family visit. For anyone with pets, you know they can be so entertaining. They take turns going outside and they take turns eating. They even take turns going for walks...which is bonus for me. This only because their walking styles are so different. Wilson likes to sniff every-freaking-thing and is constantly running back and forth. Annie, on the other hand, is all business. And she is a power walker-love it! She kept me going at such a fast walking pace, I had no need for my evening run! Now, if I could just get the two of them to share toys better, we'd be perfect over here. They both have to play with the same one at the same time...sounds like kids, doesn't it?

Pool and doggy time has been the focus of my weekend. Now, I think we are going to do some grilling and maybe watch a movie.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Annie is a power walker: She's all business, just like Erin. Scooter, on the other hand, is more like Wilson, he wants to stop and sniff every frickin blade of grass!

Glad you have the pool to enjoy. It's been a HOT weekend, and it's summer for sure now!

Erin said...

Thank you for watching the power walker. She's the reason we walk at the speed of light. Otherwise I would lose an arm.

Glad she wasn't too big of a pill and kept you entertained. (and allowed you to get some pool time)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Our pool is finally swimmable too. Summer is here...

Crystal said...

Erin-nah, she was really good. Wilson had his moments where he tried to be all tough and strut his stuff but she just walked away. Even dogs get the shaft from the ladies!