Friday, May 8, 2009

Talk of the Office

I've had my current job now for about two and a half years and the majority of the staff has been there for at least a year or more so we all know each other pretty well now. So, yesterday, I thought I'd shake things up a bit. You know, try to get the gossip going and get some excitement flowing through the office. I did the unthinkable....I wore a skirt to work. Gasp! I have never worn any type of dressy outfit to work before-slacks or jeans only. So, the shock when I walked in wearing a nice black skirt, cute heels and my hair down was nearly more than everyone could handle. I got lots of compliments (bonus!) and several questions.....interview? hot date? trying to impress someone? Ah, they make me laugh. These are just some of the joys of working in a smaller office setting, I guess. Thank goodness today is Friday and it's just a jeans day. No stress there.

Good thing I didn't jump right in and wear a dress...that would have been overwhelming!

2 comments:

Jess said...

When people get used to seeing you in one kind of outfit, it's weird for them to see you in something else. Nice way to shake things up!

Meagan said...

showing off the wheels! go you. ...you never show me your wheels?

-meg