Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF

I thought four-day weeks were supposed to be better than the full five? Guess I was wrong. This week was a bitch. Work has become downright ridiculous. There is just too much work to handle and, since I happen to be one of the competent ones, I keep getting more added to my plate. Ugh. If this all came with a nice raise or fat bonus I wouldn't mind, but if I'm not going to see any pros from all this work, then screw it. Instead, I just keep telling myself, "two weeks off coming up, you can do it..."

So, now it's time to relax and unwind. I think I'm going to sit here and enjoy my Diet Pepsi, read some blogs and then we are going out for some yummy pizza with friends. Mmmmm....pizza.... Maybe a movie or something after that. Who knows? I don't have to get up early tomorrow :)

P.S. I went for a run last night and came back totally drenched. It's been raining here every day since FOREVER and the humidity is crazy. Picture a hot, wet blanket over you. Now run. I was so sweaty and tired when I got home, but I got my 3 miles in so I felt good about that. I sure do miss those cool temps. Oh well, that's Florida running.

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

Hey you!! Just checkin in!! Soooo behind on my blog reading!! And dang, running in that kind of humidity; OUCH. yukky!
Sorry about your job situation, I can relate with past jobs totally.

Keep your chin up!
;-)

Cammy said...

I saw that y'all were still getting rain. I had thought my leaving would improve things. :)

Wishing you a delightful, stress-free weekend! (And the best pizza EVER!)

Jess said...

I went for a run last night and got drenched too, except that's because it started to rain on me part way through. I've had enough of this rain.

Heather said...

I was thinking the exact same thing this week - that even though it was shorter, it was worse than most 5 day weeks Ive had! enjoy your weekend!

Crystal said...

Jess: I hear ya on the rain. I was so excited this morning when I saw clear skies. But now the rain clouds are moving in again and I foresee another afternoon rain shower..or two..or three. Thank goodness I have some books to read.

Erin said...

Where did you go for pizza? We don't have a favorite spot anymore that's close by.

Good job running. I don't know how you girls do it with the heat and humidity.

Crystal said...

We went to Anthony's Pizza here in Coral Springs. I absolutely love it! We got that and their wings and some drinks. It was so yummy.