Thursday, June 18, 2009

Addicted to Dunkin

My new favorite drink: coffee coolata from Dunkin Donuts. I could drink these all day long, of course I'd be wired like the Energizer Bunny on crack, but that just may be a price I'm willing to take. I'm trying to limit myself to one a week. So, I've had three this week so far. It's working out quite well, don't you think?

Maybe I'm drinking all the coffee because I've been in serious slug mode all week. I think part of it's work and the other part is the weather. Work is still non-stop craziness so, by the time I leave at the end of the day, I'm exhausted. All I want to do is come home, sit down on the couch and not think for an hour or so. The weather is brutal now, too. It is so freaking hot outside this week I feel like I'm baking nicely in an oven when I go out. Even after the sun sets, the heat blanket remains. Lovely...and it's only June! Gasp!!

I'm planning on going for another sweaty run this evening. I finally remembered to wear my heart monitor on my Tues run and it showed my heart rate in the 140s when running...and that's after the sun had set for the night so I can only imagine what a midday run would be. I think I'll wear it again tonight and see where I'm at. I'm hoping to be able to push through at least two miles before my body gives up. Maybe all this caffeine will help.

Or maybe I'll just chill on the couch and catch up with all my shows. It is "Thirsty Thursday" after all...I wouldn't want to disappoint. See, I'm totally rambling. I must be tired. Maybe I should run out for another coolata. Just a small one, I promise :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Depending on the kind of Coolata you get, it's not just the caffeine that gives you the boost -- it's the sugar too. Easy addiction since there are two highly addictive elements there. But, hopefully you're steering away from the flavor-loaded kind, and hopefully you're getting it with skim milk; otherwise, that sweaty run will barely burn off the calories of one of those "coffees."

And, 140 is suprisingly not that high for such a hot run. You must have a low resting HR, which is good. Personally, I know jack about training HR zones, but some people do all their running according to their HR.

Sagan said...

Hehe. Have a fun run!