Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

What a lovely Saturday it has been and I got to enjoy a few of my favorite things today. This morning, I straightened up the house after Brian and gang left to shop for fireworks and then cleaned up the patio/pool area. And since it was so nice and sunny today, I got my book, sunscreen and pool floaty and hopped in the pool for some good sun soaking. It was glorious! Even with all this rain we've had, the pool is a warm 84 degrees, only 2 degrees away from my perfect 86. I floated around for most of the morning and afternoon, only stepping in the house for laundry cycles and to check out the fireworks loot...guys, we are gonna have some fun this year!

Around 3pm or so, the clouds got dark and we were hit with a doozy of a thunderstorm so Wilson and I went in the house for a little nap ( I love sleeping during storms) before heading out to the bookstore for a few new reads. I do have some at home that I haven't read yet but I wasn't feeling the vibe from any of them. I got Wuthering Heights-Emily Bronte, The Scarlet Letter-Nathaniel Hawthorne and Candy Girl-Diablo Cody. The next stop was Blockbuster for some movies and then a last stop at Dunkin Donuts for an iced coffee.

So now I think I'll sit down with a book and my yummy coffee and relax for a bit before movie time. Enjoy your Saturday!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I haven't read Wuthering Heights or The Scarlett Letter since high school, but Candy Girl is an entertaining read. Diablo Cody is hilarious.