Sunday, July 12, 2009

Nice Weekend

It's been another pretty good weekend here. Saturday morning I went to kickboxing class and got my ass beat for an hour, then Megs and I went for a healthy breakfast at Einstein's Bagels. I came home and cleaned/drained the pool and then spent a good 5 hours soaking up the rays on my floaty raft and reading a good book. Brian and I went out to dinner and then we went over to a friend's house to watch the UFC fight. All in all, it was a pretty good day but I was sure tuckered out by the time I got to bed at 2:30.

Today has been pretty low key around here. I watched Revolutionary Road this morning-very good movie and much like the book-and then hopped in the pool for about an hour or so and when I realized I was so tired I was going to drop my book in the pool, I came in for a nice 2 hour nap. So, now I'm up again, Brian's chilling in the pool and I'm finishing the laundry and catching up on things.

Only 10 days till the road trip home so I'm slowly starting to get things together, make my lists and get as much stuff done as I can. The lists are pretty much done, now it's just to make sure what's written down gets completed. We picked up a GPS unit yesterday and now I'm coming up with a list of things for me to do so I don't drive Brian crazy on the drive. Nintendo DS sounds like a good idea. He suggested I study...HA! I'm on vacation!!

I hear the dryer calling my name. Time to get back to my chores so I can enjoy my Sunday evening. Later gators!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I was going to say I miss weekends like the one you described but I don't think I ever knew how to relax on the weekend before Miller was born. :)

Even I am excited for your trip. Sounds like you are going to have a great time.

Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed a relaxing weekend!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Pooltime is awesome - that's the one thing I miss when I'm in MN. I only put my swimsuit on once, and never got wet, the entire time I was home!