Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No Rest for the Weary

Work was crazy today. Just one of those ridiculously stressful days that flew by yet seemed to take forever. I swear the courts were out to get me today because I had calls right and left setting hearings, cancelling others, JAs requesting motions to appear by phone, defendants' confused (shocker!), etc. Aaahhh!!! I left late due to a last minute hearing cancellation and it was one of those moments where I got in my car and visibly slumped down in the seat from stress release. Only 4 more days of work before vacation so I can tough it out till then.

Since I left late, I wasn't able to make it to kickboxing tonight and, although there is a 7pm class, I'm going to take the night off from that and will hula hoop and run instead. I feel like a nice, long run anyway. I'm still trying to get in a couple days running a week. It's crazy how much harder it is to get the mileage done with the hot temps but it just means I'm sweating that much more, I suppose. Yay!

So, yesterday I said I was going to do a lighter read for my next book but I couldn't find anything I really liked so I'm going to read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I've had this book for a month or so and, since I'm on a memoir kick, I figure I might as well jump into it. So, I'm going to kick up my feet and read for a bit, pay some bills, put the dishes away and then do my workout.

Or watch reruns of Law and Order...

5 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

The Glass Castle is excellent - I'm sure you'll enjoy reading that (and your vacation!). Hang in there-

Erin said...

It's 9pm and I am still working. Work from home Wednesday is great but it's hard to stop when you are being productive. Well, I am taking a 10 minute break for now and then back at it.

Jess said...

Yes, like Shannon said, The Glass Castle is really, really good. And if you like memoirs, I could give you a list a mile long of recommendations.

Hope you enjoyed your run tonight. Running in FL's summer heat and humidity definitely makes running harder!

Crystal said...

The running was brutal but I survived...the humidity is so ridiculous even my garmin fogged up tonight.

Think it's time to get into the new book.

Sagan said...

Sometimes its so much easier to just sit in front of the tv than do the things you want/need to do!