Friday, July 3, 2009

Short Work Day

While most of you lucky kids got the day off today, I was at work bright and early this morning. The good thing is the courts were closed, everyone was in a pretty good mood, we had pizza delivered, and we got out at 2pm. So, although I had to be there for most of the day, it wasn't so bad. Plus, Brian was able to get all the yard work and errands done since I wasn't home to annoy/distract him.

When I came home, I got my swimsuit on and hopped right into the pool. It's been raining so much lately that the pool, with the sun glistening off the water, was too much to resist. The dogs patrolled the yard and I floated away. Then, we headed to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner (love the salad bar) and grabbed a few movies. We just finished watching Doubt, which I enjoyed a lot. I love Meryl Streep and she did an excellent job in this one. So, now I'm catching up on some things while Brian prepares the macaroni salad for tomorrow's shin dig. Maybe I'll go supervise...there's some mini cupcakes with my name on them.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you at least got out of work early and got some pool time in. It was nice out yesterday!

"Doubt" was really good. I thought the whole cast was superb and the whole thing was just so well done. Have you seen Revoltuionary Road? That too is really, really good, and you read the book right? Such a good adaptation of the book. Oh, also, I would recommend The Reader. Also an excellent film, and excellent adaptation of the novel.

Sagan said...

I've seen the play Doubt and it was amazing. The movie sounds good too!

Crystal said...

We rented Revolutionary Road, too and I think I'm going to watch it tonight since the satellite's not working (lovely rain). I did see the reader and loved that one too.