Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Shopper

Today flew by! I was up by 7:30 this morning and got into my workout gear and headed out for a nice 3 mile walk followed by a 1 mile run in this ridiculous humidity. Seriously...I was covered in sweat (yummy!) by the time I got to the 7-Eleven, which is about a quarter-mile away from my house. But that's Florida in July so I just suck it up, do my workout and then whine and complain afterwards. It's a nice cycle.

After that, I got ready and Brian and I headed to Walmart for all our road trip necessities and snacks, dropped all that off and then headed to Sawgrass Mills mall for some shopping. The best and, in my opinion, only time to shop there is right when it opens. Then you have about 2 good hours before the place turns into a crazy madhouse. So, we went searching for a dress for me and some new summer clothes. Found the summer clothes and a couple pairs of shoes but no dress. I did get new running shoes so I was pretty happy about that. They are blue and silver/gray and I can't wait to get out there and try them out! Whenever it stops raining that is.

So, no luck finding a dress at Sawgrass so we headed to Coral Springs mall for some shopping and I was able to find a couple I liked in Macy's. The tough thing is most dresses down here are total summer sun-dress styles. Well, the wedding is in MN and it's been a chilly summer so I wanted something with a little more coverage but I found a cute black dress and I have a couple in my closet I'm going to bring along, too, just in case I'm not feeling the black dress vibe. So, that is taken care of. It was nice to be shopping for smaller sizes that actually fit. I still have a long way to my end goal, but at least I am seeing results along the way.

So, I think I've got everything I need for the trip. Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and start packing. Um...maybe tomorrow...or Tuesday night. Right now I need to figure out what to do about dinner.

6 comments:

Jess said...

What kind of running shoes did you get?

Glad you got everything you needed! Shopping before a big trip can feel like quite the task.

Sagan said...

Ooh hope that the new shoes work well for you!

- Sagan
http://livinghealthyintherealworld.wordpress.com

Cammy said...

I usually do my whining and complaining *during* the exercise. It keeps me motivated to finish. :)

Sounds like a great shopping trip! I'm also perplexed about the cooler summer weather up north and have no idea how to pack.

Melissa Lars Sofia and Espen said...

what i want to know is...how did you get Brian to spend all that time shopping....did you have to bribe him? That would NEVER fly in my house.

Crystal said...

Most of the time he's pretty good about the whole shopping expedition. I do bribe him with a trip to the food court for an orange julius or ice cream treat. If that doesn't work, I resort to whining. ;)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Glad you're taking the crazy MN summer weather into account! Global warming is soo not working in their favor I guess. :)