Thursday, July 16, 2009

Victory!

After many months of standing on the scale, looking down and seeing the same damn numbers staring back at me, today I finally got my wish. I broke through that dreaded plateau and moved those numbers down! Ha Ha!! Screw you scale, I win today! Victory is mine!!

Okay, enough gloating..but I am pretty happy to see that scale budge a bit, even if it was only a couple pounds, it's a sweet, sweet sight to see. Can I get a yee haw!! I was a good girl last night and went out for my 3 mile run, which had to be one of the top 5 worst runs I've had over the past year. The humidity was brutal (still is) and even my poor little Garmin fogged up. Not right, people. But, I got out there and got the job done, and did about 20 minutes of hula hooping while I watched Law and Order cuz I'm all about the multi-tasking.

Now I'm off to a buddy's house for din-din and probably a drink or two. It is Thirsty Thursday after all...can't disappoint.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats! My numbers keep creeping in the wrong direction. :(

Crystal said...

Hopefully thirsty thursday doesn't pile those two pounds right back on again. That's it...low carb beer it is!

Jess said...

That is always encouraging! Congrats!

MN Mom said...

My numbers are heading up again as well...too many brats over the campfire followed by smores!

Cammy said...

Yaay for scale budging! Yaay for YOU for hanging in there!

Heather said...

Hooray! so glad that you finally broke that plateau. glad that you hung in there and kept at it.