Monday, August 31, 2009

Free Mondays

Holy crap! I don't have bowling! Tonight is the first night I haven't had bowling in a year-minus a Monday here and there for vacation. Crazy! Although I miss it a bit, it was kind of nice to come home after a truly hellish day at work and relax for a bit without rushing through dinner and heading to the bowling alley.

So what did I do this evening? Nothing too exciting. I did about 25 minutes of hula hooping, but added a little twist tonight. See, sometimes to shake things up, I will do some squats while hula hooping, but tonight I tried to do some lunges. Now, these were not deep lunges like I would do at kickboxing (ugh) but still pretty decent seeing as I am hooping while lunging. Got to keep it interesting ya know! I managed about 5 of them before I went back to the normal swing of things. After that, I laced up the running shoes and went out for a 3 mile run. Even though I came back hot and sweaty, the run felt really good. I think I got out a lot of the work frustration...if only it would stay away!

Now I think it's time to relax, read a bit and maybe catch a little TV. Peace out

6 comments:

Cammy said...

I still can't hoop, even the basics. You are my hooping hero. :)

Crystal said...

Awww shucks! As they say in Happy Gilmore, "it's all in the hips, yeah, it's all in the hips."

Erin said...

I don't know what I am more impressed by...the hooping or the bowling for a year straight! :)

MN Mom said...

I used to be a great hooper in my younger (lots younger) days. Hooping is hard work. You are amazing.

Jess said...

Are you gonna play in another fall league?

Crystal said...

Nope. Brian is playing in a fall league but I'm taking this one off. Maybe I'll do another summer league next year.