Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fun Family Trip

I was reading my last post and must correct the hours: it's actually more like 62 hours roundtrip, but at least there were plenty of stops on both ends of it so it really wasn't so bad. We headed out on 7-22 and made it to Cave City, Kentucky before stopping for the night. Just a cute little tourist town with lots of cave outings and little shops. The second day, we made it to Brian's family in Chicago and spent the night there before heading up the the Twin Cities for my cousin's wedding. The wedding was very nice and the reception was at an Irish pub in St. Paul where I had many Michelob Golden Lights. We celebrated until they kicked us out of the bar-it's always fun to see my dad dancing to Eminem.

Saturday was a little family reunion brunch and then we headed to my sister's place for a few days. I got to see my beautiful niece, Morgan, for the first time and had lots of good Auntie time. I would have packed her away and brought her back here but I don't think breast milk ships too well. While there, Morgan was baptised and we had a little party for her. Brian and I visited some friends and then we headed up to my parents' place near Mahnomen, MN. The house and farm have definitely had some changes done since the last time I was home. I got some good family time with my parents, sister, niece and the grandparents before we headed back to Chicago.

We spent the last 5 days of our visit with Brian's family. We went to the WhiteSox game, saw some friends and went to his family's summer place to chill for the weekend where they had a big polish dinner with all the fixins and we played lots of card games and hung out with his family and friends. As with most vacations, there was a lot of food, alcohol and laughs. It was a great time and, as usual, went way too fast. The weather was beautiful-it's so nice not to sweat when you walk outside! So, overall the trip was a big success and Wilson was a perfect little passenger the whole way there and back. I think he was just as tired as we were when we returned from all the extra attention lavished on him.

Now, it's back to the grind. Work hasn't been too bad this week, although only having three days helps. I have some household chores to do and I want to get a run in so I'm off. Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. And, since you posted and I saw Bryan at bowling around the time you posted, I know you are both still alive and didn't kill each other. ;)

Next up are some photos please!

Crystal said...

Nope, I don't think we even had a harsh word. It was a pretty good drive overall.

Pics will be coming soon!

Jess said...

Sounds like you had fun! And I too vote for pictures!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like a great trip - lots of fun family events too.

Melissa Lars Sofia and Espen said...

Hey! sounds like you had a good trip. I was going to ask if you visited with grandma and grandpa larsen. I saw you posted that. how were they. I haven't talked to them in a while. probably before we left for poland. anyway, feel free to make a trip to NY anytime! the weather is nice here too!