Thursday, August 27, 2009

Starting to Worry...

The Race for the Taste run is approaching fast (Oct. 11) and I am still stuck at the 3 mile mark. I know what the problem is: it's too damn miserable to run. I think I have the ability to run more than 3 miles after all this time, but the hot, sweaty temps are holding me back. I am just miserable when I'm out there. At least I know Orlando is a little bit cooler than here and it will be early Oct. so hopefully the temps will be cooler, too.

I'm thinking I need to spend a couple days a week running on the dreaded treadmill. I know this isn't the best choice since it always feels like a run takes twice as long, but I really want to have the confidence of knowing that I can at least make the mileage without my legs giving out at mile 5 or so. Or finishing last. So, I think I'll try out the treadmill on Saturday and see how it goes. If I bring a book to read, the time should go faster.

As for today, I got my obligatory 3.1 miles in and I feel pretty good. Now it's time to relax.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I don't want to burst your bubble, but don't count on it being much cooler there at that time. When I ran it last year, it was still dang humid and dang hot!

But there is food and a super cool medal at the end, so that's good motivation.

MN Mom said...

Have you given any more thought to swinging? I want a photo if you do it you brave girl.

Crystal said...

Oh I am totally doing the swinging. It may be in a few weeks..my buddy is gonna do it too. There will definitely be pictures!