Sunday, September 20, 2009

On a Bender

A book bender that is. I've been a blogger no-show for quite some time these last couple weeks and I am totally blaming it on the books. No, I'm not cramming for any tests or studying for the sake of expanding my knowledge..this here is strictly fun reading. Last week, I finally finished Breaking Dawn, which was an excellent book that I could barely put down, even when at work, and now I am almost finished with The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory. I really enjoy reading her books now and then. This one is about how Katherine of Aragon came to be Queen of England. I'm in the last 80 pages or so and would love to finish this one tonight! My next read is going to be The Time Traveler's Wife, which I had briefly started before but set aside for my historical read.

This all stems from my recent book shopping expeditions, which resulted in several books bought, which are all staring at me from the book shelf just begging to be read. I shall get through you all!! Alright, gotta run or I'll never finish this baby before lights out tonight. No, I'm not obsessed...just dedicated!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I have a pile of books asking to be read but either a) I am too busy working late or b) I am too tired from working late. I seem to see a pattern...

PS-the water was still warm at the beach and fun.

Jess said...

I just finished The Other Queen by Gregory. I like her stuff on occassion as well, but this one moved pretty slowly and awkwardly in my opinion.

Kelly Olexa said...

Phillipa Gregory is one of my all time favorite authors!! LOVE HER> I didn't read the Constant Princess but just recently started reading again- was spending all my time online.....ai yi yi!! Thanks for reminding me, I"m gonna get that out of the library!
;-)

MN Mom said...

As you know I am Twilight obsessed just hearing the words Breaking Dawn sends me toward the book shelf to start the series over!

Agate Lake Girl said...

I love when I'm sooo into a book - I haven't read one that made me feel that way in a while.

JavaChick said...

The Time Traveler's Wife is awesome! I loved it!