Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another 3

Well, that nice, cool weather was refreshing but fleeting and it has nearly flown by the wayside. Today was a bit warmer-back in the mid-to-high 80s and I could feel it in my run this evening.

I was actually looking forward to running tonight. Whoa, when did that happen? Me, look forward to lacing up the shoes and hitting the pavement? Wow-it's got to be my dreams of the tiara medal pushing me forward. Although tonight was a wee bit warmer and much sweatier than my Sunday run, I pushed myself harder tonight and managed to finish my run about 2o seconds faster-yeah me! After the last two days of running 3 miles, I notice my 2nd mile is my slowest, like 10-15 seconds slower. I don't know if I relax more or what but I made it up for it by pushing through in the last mile and shaving off some time. Overall, it was a good run and I felt pretty good when I was done. I'm supposed to do another 3 miles tomorrow night and then 4 on Sat. per the HM training program I'm following.

I have you in my sights, my pretty little medal! Did I mention I put a pic of last year's medal on my phone for inspiration? Oh yeah. A little madness goes a long way.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Training for a race does help provide specific motivation, which is often necessary to getting those runs done! Nice job on another 3 miler!

Erin said...

Good job on the runs!

I fell off the exercise wagon once I got sick and Ryan went on vacation. I figure I will start fresh on Monday. Remind me of that Monday when my alarm goes off and I want to go back to sleep.