Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Want the Crown

Or is tiara more princess-appropriate?

Now that the Race for the Taste 10K has been successfully completed, I am debating on what my next race will be. I am thinking the new Wine and Dine Half Marathon (which has replaced the afore-mentioned 10K) is a definite choice, but it is nearly a whole year away. I know me-with that much time to "train," I will most likely slack off until a month or two before and then try and hurry up and add mileage. So, since my running high is still, well, high...I think I am going to go for the crown, er..tiara and I'm planning on doing the Princess Half Marathon in March 2010.

This race brings all my favorites: Disney princesses, pink clothes, a great benefit and a tiara medal. How can I go wrong?! But, before I race to sign up, I have to complete a mini-challenge: run 4 days a week for the next month and increase my mileage until I can run at least 7-8 miles at one time without wanting to throw a temper tantrum along the street. If I pass, I can sign up by November 15, if not, then no tiara for me.

So that is my running challenge for the next month. I am doing this because, although the 10K was lots of fun, it was a lot of hard work for this former sprinter to handle since me and distance running have it out for each other. I shall overcome!

Maybe if I wear my medal when running, I'll become more inspired. Hmmm....

4 comments:

Jess said...

I so want to run the Princess Half too! Maybe we can go together if you decide you definitely want to do it.

Jess said...

Oh, and where's the full report of Race for the Taste? How did you like it? Did you guys do Epcot as well while you were there?

Crystal said...

Awesome! I am about 95% sure I'm going to do it but just want to test my mileage skills.

P.S. Will give a full disney report on Monday :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Tiara medal - cool! Almost makes me want to take up running... nah. :)