Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Refreshing 3 miles

Today was simply glorious...and all it took for Sunday to be a glorious day was waking up to a temperature of 58 degrees. Love it, love it, love it!! Brian and I were up just after 7am, had breakfast, went grocery shopping and then did our respective chores: his-outside, mine-inside. I was all done with the house cleaning and most of the laundry by 1pm so I spent the next couple hours sitting outside in the glorious weather reading the fourth Harry Potter book (just can't put them down!) while Brian finished yard work and had his garage time. I then checked in on my beloved Vikings and watched them get lucky with another win against the Ravens. I'm glad they won, but it could have been so easily lost. Guess the football gods were in our favor today.

After much pondering, I finally got my running gear on, did some stretching and went out for my 5k run. The first mile was tough...some shin issues and my foot has been bothering me but I pushed through. It's funny-someone's shirt at the 10k last week said running is a mental state and we're all crazy! Well, I can definitely attest to the fact that it's a mental state cuz I really wanted to turn around or just walk but told myself to push through and, after the first mile, I was feeling really good and had no trouble finishing my 3 miles. Day 1 of HM training down and tomorrow is a rest day-for running anyway. We'll see if I get ambitious for something else.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Nice job finishing your 3 miles! It certainly was beautiful weather yesterday.